– Sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
– Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
– Explains how long we keep your personal data for
– Explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
– Sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
– Explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
– Explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
– Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us
What information does Balham Cycling Club collect?
Balham Cycling Club collects personal data when you express an interest to join the Club or subscribe to become a member. We also have access to the data you provide to British Cycling. Balham Cycling Club collects some or all of the following data: your name, email address, date of birth, phone number and home address. The Club also asks for an “In Case of Emergency” (ICE) contact and number.
How do we use your personal data?
Information which you supply to us maybe used in a number of ways, for example:
– To distribute the Club newsletter and other Club news, events and alerts.
– To inform you of upcoming events.
– For processing membership forms and subscription payments.
– For the Club Committee to share and analyse to ensure the Club is run properly and preparing the right events for its members.
– The ‘In Case of Emergency” (ICE) number will only be contacted in the event of an accident.
– Members are asked if they would like to be added to the Balham Cycling Club WhatsApp groups. That is a channel used by the Club to communicate with members but it is an open group so the content cannot be controlled by the Club. If you wish to remove yourself from any or all WhatsApp groups you can do this directly or email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Balham Cycling Club holds your personal data and contact details for the duration of your membership and a further 36 months after your last subscription to the Club unless you have unsubscribed; therefore data will be deleted.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We have never sold personal data to a third party and we never will.
If you sign up to an event we may share your details with other attendees of that particular event. You can opt out of this at any time by letting us know.
We do use the following service providers who are data controllers and have their own data privacy policies:
MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Survey Monkey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/
British Cycling – https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/staticcontent/info–Privacy-Policy-0
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
For Club members and riders who have expressed an interest to join the Club our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in order to be able to communicate with you, respond to your requests and coordinate event activities.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal information we need we may not be able to respond fully to your enquiry or keep you informed about Club activities such as organised rides, social events and purchasing Club kit.
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
No, we do not transfer personal data out of the EEA.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
How do I delete my personal data from Balham Cycling Club database?
On all communication we send you there will be unsubscribe options. However, you can always send us an email at email@example.com with the word unsubscribe in the subject line requesting we remove all your details from our records.
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact the Club Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org